- Students should have knowledge about Python Programming
What is Tkinter in Python ?
Tkinter is actually an inbuilt Python module used to create simple GUI apps. It is the most commonly used module for GUI apps in the Python.
What is GUI?
Graphical User Interface (GUI) is nothing but a desktop application which helps you to interact with the computers. They perform different tasks in the desktops, laptops and other electronic devices.
- GUI apps like Text-Editors create, read, update and delete different types of files.
- Apps like Sudoku, Chess and Solitaire are games which you can play.
- GUI apps like Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge browse through the Internet.
They are some different types of GUI apps which we daily use on the laptops or desktops. We are going to learn how to create those type of apps.
As this is an Introduction to GUI, make sure you stay tuned till the end as we will create a really simple and nice GUI app.
Why Python GUI Tkinter is used?
This framework provides Python users with a simple way to create GUI elements using the widgets found in the Tk toolkit. Tk widgets can be used to construct buttons, menus, data fields, Before learning Tkinter, you must have the basic knowledge of Python course
Courses related to Python Programming
Frequently Asked Questions about Python Gui Tkinter Course
Q-1 Is tkinter good for GUI?
A-1 Python offers multiple options for developing GUI (Graphical User Interface). Out of all the GUI methods, tkinter is the most commonly used method. Python with tkinter is the fastest and easiest way to create the GUI applications.
Q-2 Is tkinter easy to learn?
A-2 If your goal is to learn how to create GUIs, tkinter is arguably one of the best toolkits there is to reach that goal. It’s simple and easy to learn, and can provide a fantastic introduction to concepts you must master in order to create graphical desktop applications.
Q-3 Which is better KIVY or Django?
A-3 Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design; Kivy: *An open source Python framework *. It is an open source Python library for rapid development of applications that make use of innovative user interfaces, such as multi-touch apps.
Q-4 Why is Tkinter used?
A-4 This framework provides Python users with a simple way to create GUI elements using the widgets found in the Tk toolkit. Tk widgets can be used to construct buttons, menus, data fields, etc.
- Lectures 41
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 week
- Language English, Hindi
- Students 351
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
1. Getting Started with Python and Tkinter
2. Tkinter Concepts
3. Basic Widgets
4. Organizational Widgets
5. Advanced Widgets
- Entering and displaying multiple lines with the Text widget
- Adding tags, marks, images, and widgets to the Text widget
- Building a hierarchical treeview
- Adding columns and selecting items in the Treeview
- Building cascading menus
- Drawing a basic line on the Canvas
- Drawing complex shapes on the Canvas
- Attaching a scroll bar to widgets
- Configuring widget styles
- Prompting users with the Messagebox and dialogs
6. Geometry Management
7. Event Handling
8. Building an Application