What is YouTube marketing?
YouTube marketing is the practice of promoting a brand, product, or service on YouTube. It can involve a mix of tactics, including (but not limited to):
- Creating organic promotional videos
- Working with influencers
- Advertising on the platform
To market your business on YouTube — whether you’re an entrepreneur or an enterprise corporation — you need to produce what your target customers want. Sounds simple, right? It is, as long as you know what your customers really want and it’s not just what you think they want, which is a trap far too many businesses fall into.
Plus, you need to make sure the right people find your videos. YouTube is a search engine so you’ll need to optimize your content for the YouTube algorithm, just like you do for Google SEO.
Create a YouTube marketing strategy in 10 steps
- Step 1: Create a YouTube channel for your business
- Step 2: Learn about your audience
- Step 3: Research your competition
- Step 4: Learn from your favorite channels
- Step 5: Optimize your videos to get views
- Step 6: Upload and schedule your videos
- Step 7: Optimize your channel to attract followers
- Step 8: Try YouTube advertising
- Step 9: Try influencer marketing
- Step 10: Analyze and adapt